The Composite Department moved into completely new premises in December 2008 and now uses approximately 20,000 square metres in addition to areas for administration purposes.
Significant investments in new machines and equipment were made in connection with the move.
The following can be mentioned:
- New measuring machine (CMM)
- New 5-axis milling machine for trimming of edges and profiles (PMM – Precision Milling Machine)
- New milling machine for machining of core material
- New multi-axis NDT machine for control of complex and double-curved surfaces
- X-Ray/radiological equipment
- New Autoclave
The production of control and structural parts for the F35 fighter aircraft will be the department’s volume product for many years to come.
In addition parts for Penguin, NSM and the NH90 helicopter will be produced.